Chesnutt library recently added a database of interest for education majors.
EBSCO Host’s Education Research Complete is a comprehensive full text article database which covers all levels of education from early childhood through higher education. Education Research Complete also covers all areas of curriculum instruction as well as administration, policy, funding, and related social issues. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 1,500 journals, as well as full text for more than 750 journals. Education Research Complete also includes full text for more than 100 books and monographs, and full text for numerous education-related conference papers. Users can locate a variety of quality referred journal articles on topics such as learning disabilities, educational theories, and multiculturalism. Education Week, Mailbox Teacher, Reading Teacher, Teacher Educator, and Special Education are just some of the many full text periodicals that are available in Education Research Complete. If you are interested in browsing a particular journal, click on the publications tab and type in the name of the journal in the search box.
Some helpful tips for managing your results and creating APA citations for individual articles are below.
– Add an article or citation by clicking on the folder in the record.
– When you are done adding records to the folder, click on the link for Folder has items at the top of the page.
– You can e-mail, print or save citations. Select your preferred method for your documents.
– In the Folder page, options for citation format are located on the second drop-down menu where you can select a particular style, e.g. APA, MLA, etc.
– Depending on which option you selected, click on print, e-mail or save in the left corner.
Denise Bosselman, Bibliographic & Instruction Librarian