The theme for National Library Week (April 13 – 17, 2010) is Communities Thrive @ Your Library-FSU Authors Speak. We have a very talented pool of authors here at Fayetteville State University. We invite you to come and share in our community. Come hear our own FSU Authors read and discuss their works and their writing process. Be enlightened, entertained, and most of all informed.
• Ms. Suzetta Perkins 4/13/10 – 11am Author of Déjà Vu, Nothing Stays the Same, Behind the Veil, EX-terminator: Life After Marriage, and A Love So Deep
• Dr. Trela Anderson 4/13/10 – 12:30pm Author of The Cinderella Stories: Lessons I Learned From My Grandmother, A Spiritual Memoir
• Dr. Timothy Ajani 4/14/10 – 11am Author of Streams of Refreshing: Inspirational Poems for Our Time and Rivers of Refreshing
• Dr. Charles Tryon 4/14/10 – 12pm Author of Reinventing Cinema: Movies In the Age of Media Convergence
• Dr. Joseph Osei 4/14/10 -1pm Author of The Challenge of Sustaining Emergent Democracies: Insights for Religious Intellectuals and Leaders of Civil Society
• Dr. Abul Pitre 4/15/10 – 11am Author of Educational Philosophy of Elijah Muhammad: Education for a New World, An Introduction to Elijah Muhammad Studies:The New Educational Paradigm, The Struggle for Black History: Foundations for a Critical Black Pedagogy in Education, Educating African American Students: Foundations, Curriculum, and Experiences, and Co-Author with Dr. Terence Hicks of Educational Lockout of African Americans in Prince Edward County, Virginia (1959-1964): Personal Accounts and Reflections
• Dr. Dean Swinford 4/15/10 – 12:30pm Author of Through the Daemon’s Gate: Kepler’s Somnium, Medieval Dream Narratives, and the Polysemy of Allegorical Motifs
Dr. Todd Frobish 4/16/10 – 11:00 am Author of Crises In American Oratory: A History Of Rhetorical Inadequacy
• Dr. Maria Orban 4/1610 – 12:00pm Author, with Contributor Dr. Kim Kirkpatrick of Charles Chesnutt Reappraised: Essays on the First Major African American Writer
Light refreshments will be served.
Charles W. Chesnutt Library
Library Conference Room, Third Floor
FSU/1200 Murchison Road/Fayetteville, NC 28301
Jan Whitfield, 910-672-1750