The DACOR Bacon House Foundation will to renew its offer of a Metro scholarship for a student from the NCCIIE for the Academic Year 2016-2017. Librarian Diana Amerson will be the coordinator for each NCCIIE member institution.
- Fayetteville State University
- Shaw University
- North Carolina Central. University
- North Carolina A&T State University
- Bennett College
- Johnson C Smith University
- Winston-Salem State University
The Consortium was developed to serve and provide member intuitions opportunities for learning in international and intercultural contexts. Specifically, the Consortium was formed to:
- Provide international and intercultural learning experiences for students enrolled in the member colleges and universities.
- Encourage interest in graduate studies and in international careers.
- Offer opportunities for professional development of member institution.
- Increase financial resources through cooperative efforts.
- Leverage these resources through independent and matching grants.
- Create and maintain a common catalog of information concerning international and intercultural courses, programs and activities.
- Engage in constructive efforts to inter-instructional transfer of course credits.
- Sustain efforts to increase awareness of international and intercultural education.
- Serve as a liaison agency among national organizations and other consortia.
- Establish an effective means for sharing international and intercultural expertise
- Hold workshops, special seminars and special programs to focus on international and intercultural topics.
The DACOR Bacon House Foundation Metro scholarships are awarded for the purpose of encouraging American students to pursue majors and careers in international affairs. It is the Foundation’s intent that undergraduate scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic worthiness and demonstrated need.
Questions? Contact Diana Amerson.
- What is the Model UN? (11.4.2015)
- #TBT: Librarian Diana Amerson, Model UN at FSU SGA Mixup in RJSC on Sept. 8th (9.17.2015)
- Librarian Diana Amerson Remains a Vital Asset to FSU Model UN Delegates, Students win 8 of 11 Award at 26th Conference (3.31.2015)